Being a nice guy in 2012 can be difficult, in fact it’s probably one of the hardest things any man can do. You’re average nice guy today is considered to be at the bottom of every social ladder you can think of but the real question is why? In this post we will attempt to define in great detail “the nice guy stigma”.
Are you a nice guy?
Just so we are clear, below is a small questionnaire that will undoubtedly define the average nice guy. Each question is worth 10%, the higher your percentage the nicer you are. If you score 100% then that means you are one kind individual!
- Do you often go out of your way for friends,family, or women?
- Are you usually the “shoulder to cry on” when someone is down?
- Do you avoid most if not all conflicts?
- Do you have any female friends that are not from your childhood(5-12 yrs old)?
- Are you naturally shy?
- Do you want a woman for more than just sex?
- Is your morale compass pointed in the right direction 98% of the time?
- Do you find yourself being taken advantage of by just about everybody you know?(Be honest with yourself!)
- Do you prefer to be friends with a woman before you date?
- Do you try to avoid staring at a woman’s body because you don’t want to seem disrespectful?
If you answered yes to 8 or more of these questions consider yourself a grade A nice guy! Now sans question #8, whats so wrong with a guy having these kinds of qualities? Seemingly nothing right? Well while it may appear normal to us (nice guys) the rest of the world see’s it in a completely different light. Allow me to clarify…
Through The Eyes Of Other Men:
In the eyes of less pleasant gentlemen (for some I use that term loosely) the nice guy is literally nothing more than a victim. He is the one that will always be considered a loser no matter how successful he actually is.
Through The Eyes Of Women:
In the eyes of (most) women us nice guys are simply door mats. We are the men they settle for once they have had their fill of “other men”, because they know we will gladly accept them once they are finished. It’s sad and unfortunately very true.
The Final Verdict:
It seems that the nice guy does have a lot of redeeming qualities, however these qualities mean just about jack squat to society. Maybe you are saying “To hell with society, I am great just the way I am!” and I agree, but unless you plan on living on an island or starting your own “nice guy and girl” community you are going to have to fully adapt to come out on top.
This blog will continue to delve deeper into the very core of the nice guy and start to adapt into a whole new breed that not only women will crave, but society as a whole as well. A little disclaimer for all readers, this blog will become very graphic depending on topic, real life stories, and strong language may be used in up coming posts. I can’t help my fellow man by restricting myself, so I will be giving it 100%. Stay tuned!